The customer was trying to achieve a raw, industrial look with their floors, so they opted to not have any of the cracks repaired, with the exception of one or two particularly nasty ones. We did not patch any holes or divots, either or fill in the control joints. After we completed the diamond-grinding, we cleaned up the floor and applied our polyaspartic clear coat. You can see in some of the photos, including a close-up of the fluctuations of the concrete slab. Where there are subtle high spots, you tend to get some coarse aggregrate exposure and less so with dips and low spots. It never ceases to amaze me how seemingly flat concrete is actually commonly wavy.
We used a medium-bond diamond to complete our final pass with the grinder, as the concrete exhibited a medium hardness. The steps, considering how thick the glue was, came out pretty well after we mechanically removed the glue from the metal and then painted the risers. We used Zero-VOC paint from Sherwin-Williams for the walls and a 72% solids polyaspartic for the concrete. After the painting and floors were complete, we installed a 4" rubber cove base and the project was done!
The customer then had the daunting task of moving all their furniture back into their building. It was great to work with them and we hope they love their upgraded offices!