Mile High Coatings is a Northern Colorado painting company that, quite simply, gets the job done. That’s not a vague inanity, either, as we have real substance behind that statement. When you contact us, either by calling or filling out a contact form on our site, you’ll get a free estimate back. Once we get more in-depth about your specific project, we’ll be able to provide you with a timeline of all work that will be done. From the job’s start to completion, we are dedicated to behaving with respect while we are on your property, whether it’s commercial or residential. We have a variety of services here at Mile High Coatings, from epoxy flooring, polyaspartic coating, custom storage ideas and solutions, to home painting services. We will ask you to specify whether you are looking for storage solutions, concrete staining, commercial floor coating, epoxy garage floors, commercial painting, or residential painting on our form as well.
Our service area is almost as vast as our service offering. We proudly offer our resources for jobs in communities that include Boulder, Fort Collins, Broomfield, Thornton, Arvada, Windsor, Westminster, Greeley, Longmont, Denver, Berthoud, and Loveland. Although we are based out of Fort Collins (our owner and founder is a CSU graduate, by the way), we can easily make the short drive to wherever the location in mind is. Suffice it to say that if you type something like “painting companies near me” into your smartphone or tablet, we are likely to come up. And it’s because we really are near you, even if you aren’t in Fort Collins or Loveland!
Now that we’ve gotten some of the formalities out of the way, we have a promised blog topic to get to today. As you’ve likely already noticed, we are going to depart from our typical kind of topic in favor of doing something a bit more entertaining! We realize that not everyone is as passionate about coatings and painting as we are, so we might as well try to stir up some of that fervor we were innately gifted. Keep reading if you are interested in little-known facts about painting and coating!
Fun Facts About Paint And The Painting industry
- The very first known residential interior paint work of any kind was cave-painting done thousands of years ago.
- While latex paints are recyclable, oil-based paints should not be discarded in a traditional way. They are hazardous waste and need to be taken care of by a waste management company that is qualified to do so. If you are thinking about embarking on a DIY, paint-your-own-home adventure, carefully examine the kind of paint you will be using on your home’s exterior or interior. Let’s do our best to be sustainable and kind to Mother Nature!
- You need to do research if you are planning on painting your home or business yourself. In addition to the fact listed above, the surface area, or surface coverage, of a gallon can vary quite a bit. In fact, it can be anywhere between 25 and 44 square yards, depending on the type and color of the pain you are using.
- When it comes to interior painting, Mile High Coatings has you covered. We can serve as your consultant regarding residential or commercial projects. And whether you have an office building or are looking to change up your home’s vibe, the color of your selected paint is said to have a deeper psychological impact on one’s mood than you may have realized. For example, a red room will boost the room’s energy. A yellow room connotes happiness and calm, as it signifies sunshine to us. Blue is said to bring blood pressure down and provide a sense of controlled tranquility. Perhaps it would fit well in your office, bedroom, or even restroom.
- The secret to epoxy flooring is in its resins. Perhaps you have wondered why epoxy coatings are effective. They provide a waterproof, fire retardant, stain-resistant quality to your garage or basement floor.
- Every year, over 1.57 billion gallons of paint are sold in the United States of America. To put that figure into perspective, that’s a volume of 125,000,000 cubic feet. We tried to find a suitable comparison for that figure to make it understandable, but failed. Please forgive us. Just know that it’s a lot.
- The United States banned lead-based paint from being used in residential paints only in 1978. Many other countries did this before 1920. If you have an older home that hasn’t had a new coat or two of paint on it in some fifty years, you might want to give us a call at Mile High Coatings!
- There are more shades of green than any other residentially available paint color. Why? Some people say it’s because the human eye, with its trusty cones (rods don’t detect color), can distinguish more varieties of green than any other color. And that’s pretty neat!
- Epoxy flooring works well on more surfaces than garages and basements. Epoxy systems can be used on steel, concrete, and pretty much every kind of surface (not including carpets, obviously). Get in touch with us if you have questions about our polyaspartic or epoxy coating options.
- Modern paint and its idea have been around since the first century A.D. China is on record for being the first to use it. In fact, some archaeologists found evidence that palaces of that time were covered in paint. The painters of that era utilized pigments like ochre to wet plastered walls in order to get a long-lasting effect.
- High-quality paint might be more expensive, but it also might save you money in the long-run. For starters, it lasts longer, looks better, and can be applied more easily. It’s also likely that a higher-quality paint will be more weather-resistant. Maybe you are asking yourself, “what determines the quality of a paint?” Excellent question, we are thrilled you asked! There are four measures that do exactly that: pigments, binders, liquids, and additives. Look out for a future blog post that goes into detail about each of these qualities.
Northern Colorado’s Expert Painters
Whether you are in need of concrete sealant, an industrial painting contractor, stained concrete, or a garage storage cabinet, we’ve got an affordable solution for you here at Mile High Coatings. We are committed to having an ideal blend of value and quality in all that we do. And although our services are diverse, we do each of them well. We believe that if you can’t do something well then it is not worth doing. Get in touch with us at Mile High Coatings for your free estimate today!